This refuge is one of the most popular mountain shelters in Chamonix due to its stunning views over the adjacent lake. The surrounding mountain scenery is especially beautiful here at sunset and sunrise.
The refuge is open in the summer from mid-June to the end of September. Accommodation is half-board only and picnic lunches can be provided on request; an a la carte menu is available during the day and is popular with passing hikers. Cuisine is traditional Savoyard using fresh local ingredients - cheese croute, omelettes, salads, blueberry tart, etc.
The refuge sleeps up to 40 people in dormitories split between two buildings. Blankets and pillows are provided but for hygiene reasons you must bring your own sleeping bag liner. Hot showers and toilets are available.
The easy access and stunning location of this refuge mean that it is very popular, reservations must be made in advance.
Please contact the refuge directly for this season's prices and opening/closing dates.
- Open Seasons
- La Flegere
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019