The Gervasutti refuge situated above the Freboudze glacier sleeps up to 12 mountaineers at a time and is equipped with bunk beds, kitchen facilities, dining area, storage racks and a room with a view.
The bivouac is basecamp for the routes to the Grandes Jorasses, Petites Jorasses, Aiguille de Leschaux and Mont Greuvetta.
The approach to the bivouac is tricky, long and tiring and is mostly without path or track, so can be easy to loose the way. There are yellow signals and stone piles indicate the routes, but in a very rough way.
For experienced hikers, climbers and mountaineers only.
Please enquire directly with the refuge for this season's prices and opening/closing dates.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019