The Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve is bio-diverse area of around 16,000 hectares with spectacular views of the Col des Montets. There is an information centre where you can find out about the animals and plants of the area and buy a drink or snack.
There is an information centre where you can find out about the animals and plants of the area and buy a drink or snack.
The nature trail is very easy to follow and the route is marked by numbered granite blocks. The whole circuit takes no more than 45 minutes at a leisurely stroll; to find out more please read our article on Short Family Hikes in Hiking in the Chamonix Valley.
This is a summer only activity, should you wish to discover the area in winter you can book a snowshoe tour with a number of local mountain guide companies.
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Summer BBQ at Rocky Pop, Chamonix - Les Houches
- Les Houches Wednesday Market
- Boutros Gully & Mister Pop at La Folie Douce, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition - Tristan Vyskoc at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix
- Chamonix Mountain Running Festival