Known for many years as a Swedish bar, South Bar has been back in French hands for a long time now and the good times continue to roll!
At the foot of the Aiguille du Midi and with stunning views of the Mont Blanc glacier, South Bar occupies a sunny spot in Chamonix Sud. With a south-facing terrace, it is a great place to soak up the sun with a few drinks or a bite to eat.
The friendly bar staff are a mix of French and English and will happily give you a few tips on where to go and what to do while you are in Chamonix.
Food is served from midday until 15:00 and then from 18:00 until late; the menu offers a range of salads, pasta, burgers and snacks as well as a daily special and a fish dish.
Happy Hour runs from 16:00 - 18:00 every day when beers and wines are 2-4-1! Regular drinks promotions and special offers take place throughout the season.
All the main big sporting events are shown on the big screen and during the winter season, there is regular live music and DJs. Open daily from 16:00 until 02:00.
- Live music
- Open Seasons
- 83 Place Edmond Desailloud
More Chamonix Insights...
- Good piste conditions half-way through the Chamonix season
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix