This chalet is picture perfect and so cosy you will never want to leave! Situated in an elevated tranquil location, the chalet is just a short drive from Chamonix centre and boasts stunning mountain views.
The contemporary alpine interior uses rustic wood features throughout. The living area is situated on the first floor and is open plan. Large floor to ceiling windows provide access to the balcony where you can take in the stunning scenery. Inside there is a large wooden dining table comfortably seating six, a fully equipped kitchen (full-size oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher and fridge-freezer) and comfortable sitting area with squishy leather sofas. In the centre of the room is an open log fireplace providing plenty of heat to all areas.
For relaxation, the chalet includes its own outdoor hot-tub on the terrace as well as a sauna in the basement, so you'll easily be able to soothe any aches and pains after an active day on the mountain.
To keep you entertained whilst you are in the chalet there is a flatscreen Plasma TV, DVD player, Bose iPod sound system, Playstation and WiFi access throughout.
The chalet sleeps up to six in three bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1: Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, Plasma TV, sound system and access to a terrace
- Bedroom 2: Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom, Plasma TV, sound system and access to a terrace
- Bedroom 3: Double/twin room, Plasma TV and access to a private shower room.
- Luxury chalet accommodation for your chosen dates
- Transfers to and from Geneva airport (Only Winter)
- Hostess and chauffeur between 08:00 - 11:00 and 15:00 - 20:00. Driver service outside of these hours are available upon request, until midnight (Winter Only)
- Welcome pack including champagne, wine, charcuteries, cheeses
- Delivery of fresh bread and pastries each morning
- Daily light clean and mid-week linen change
- Fresh flowers upon arrival
- Bathrobes, slippers, towels, hairdryer, and L’Occitane products in each bedroom
- A concierge service to help with bookings for massage treatments, beauty treatments, wine tastings, childcare, lift passes, ski hire, lessons, outdoor activities etc
NB: Pets are allowed on request.
This property is run by Amazon Creek who are renowned for providing luxury chalets with an emphasis on first class personal service and bespoke activities.
The company also offer luxurious villas and chartered yachts in the south of France and Corsica.
The chalet is let on a self-catering basis, however, catering is available on request.
When let on a catered basis, the chalet includes a private chef and hostess who provide fine restaurant quality food. On arrival, they will serve a champagne reception with canapes. Each day you can look forward to fresh bread and pastries, cooked or continental breakfasts, afternoon teas with cakes and 4-course evening meals (6 nights per week) with outstanding wines and complimentary beers and soft drinks. Children’s dinners are also available upon request.
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Families & Kids
If you would like some time to yourselves whilst on holiday, the chalet company's concierge service can arrange childcare on your behalf. Advanced booking is recommended during peak periods.
Also see: Childcare in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Lifts & Passes
You can book all your lift passes through the chalet company's concierge service and they will be ready and waiting for you on arrival at the chalet.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Chamonix, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are looking for a ski school for the kids or some private lessons for yourselves or other members of the group, the chalet company's pre-arrival concierge service can make all your ski and snowboard lesson arrangements.
Also see: Ski Schools in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Guides & Tours
Through the company's concierge service you can arrange Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Chamonix whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Exterior parking is available at the property.
- "My wife and I planned a much-needed long weekend away, and Chalet Baby Bear really hit the mark. It is an intimate and cosy chalet, with a delightful communal space and a lovely open fire. We were very well looked after by both our chef and driver, who were both helpful and yet inconspicuous. The meals and wine were of the highest standard, and the concierge service proved very useful when arranging skis and boots, lift passes, massages and restaurant bookings. We look forward to a return visit in the near future." - Trip Advisor
- "We have stayed in several of the Amazon Creek properties over the past few years. We are an American family who enjoys the service levels Amazon Creek offer, with chefs, housekeeping and nannies, with all the facilities well maintained. We rented Chalet Baby Bear in conjunction with Chalet Baloo to help accommodate our friends. We were 16 in total, Baby Bear is an awesomely cute chalet, with the facilities of a larger chalet, while maintaining a wonderful coziness. The concierge and team is very professional, it is rare to find such helpful, friendly yet discrete service. Chamonix is a great location, skiing was terrific, the scenery is spectacular and the town has a cool, fun vibe to it. No hesitation recommending this chalet and location to others!" - Trip Advisor
- "We stayed in Chalet Baby Bear in January this year with my sister and her partner, a wedding present from her to us! It was the perfect week, lovely cosy chalet, great chef and our own driver to look after us and take us around resort and out in the evening. Staff has a ‘nothing too much trouble attitude’. Snow was awesome, always a plus on a ski holiday! Thank you Dawn sooo so much!!” - Trip Advisor
Les Bossons is a quaint little village on the outskirts of Chamonix centre with a peaceful atmosphere and old fashioned charm. It has no shops or bars whatsoever, but if you like the quiet life then you'll love Les Bossons!
Les Bossons only has a handful of restaurants but they are all worth a visit. La Cremerie du Glacier is the most rustic, a cosy little place under the Glacier des Bossons serving calorific dishes laden with cheese, ham and wild mushrooms. Le Tremplin, near the bottom of the Les Bossons chairlift serves lots of local specialities including raclette and fondue at very reasonable prices, it has a lovely outdoor terrace with great views of the glacier too. Hotel Aiguille du Midi is a more sophisticated affair, without being at all stuffy; gourmet food prepared with seasonal local ingredients and a legendary dessert buffet make it popular with locals as well as hotel guests. A short walk towards Chamonix brings you to Hotel Le Vert, just after Gaillands lake, which serves good contemporary food as well as bar snacks.
Also see: Restaurants in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Les Bossons has only one attraction to speak of but it's pretty special - the glacier. During the summer you can hike right up to it by following signs for La Jonction, a steep hike going up to 2589m, or you can take the jolly little multi-coloured chairlift up to 1400m and follow a short trail that has pictures of how the glacier has changed over the years. Other than that, you can hop on a train or bus to Chamonix and visit the main attractions such as the Aiguille du Midi and the Mer de Glace.
Also see: Sights in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Things to Do Nearby
Les Bossons is a great base for summer hiking, there are a number of trails that lead up into the forest beneath the Aiguille du Midi and on the opposite side of the valley you can access the incredibly beautiful Aiguillettes des Houches. It is conveniently placed on the bus and train links that connect Chamonix to Les Houches, so it is well placed for accessing all the activities that you can do in other parts of the valley. It does not have its own ski area, but all the resorts in the valley are easy to reach on public transport.
Also see: Things To Do in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
The nearest golf course to Les Bossons is the Golf Club de Chamonix, an 18 hole course in Chamonix Les Praz, near to the Flegere lift station. It has a driving range, club house and pro-shop where you can stock up on all the essentials. They hold regular competitions throughout the summer, the course is closed in winter.
Also see: Golf Courses in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Les Bossons has no ski area but there is one chairlift that operates in summer to take sightseers up to the glacier.
Also see: Ski Areas in Chamonix, France
Bars? Nightlife? That's not what Les Bossons is all about, you can enjoy a quiet drink on the terrace of the Hotel Aiguille du Midi but that's about as wild as it gets. There is a nightbus that connects Chamonix to Les Houches, passing through Les Bossons along the way but check the timetable so you don't miss the last one!
Also see: Bars in Chamonix - Les Bossons, France
Location: Chamonix - Les Bossons
Catering Basis: Catered | Self-catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Owner Directly
Vibe / Atmosphere: Chic | Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 6
Bedrooms: 3 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Lift Passes | Outdoor Activities | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Private Chef | Dinner
Transport: Chauffeur / Driver
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping
Access: Children welcome | Pets welcome
Room: Balcony | Hair dryer | Open fire | Underfloor Heating
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: BBQ | DVD Player | iPod Dock | Music system | Playstation | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Kitchen/Laundry: Cooker / Oven | Dishwasher | Fridge-freezer
Outdoor: Garden - Private | Terrace
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter
Prices & Availability
Address: 165 Route du Mont | Chamonix - Les Bossons | 74400