This fantastic catered chalet is run by two warm and friendly hosts, Breezy and Alun, who have been welcoming guests for over 17 years, enticing many back for a return visit for their great cooking and hospitality.
The chalet has a homely traditional feel and the lounge features an open log fireplace and patio windows which open out onto a large private garden with stunning views of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille du Midi. The garden has outdoor seating and furniture for sunny days.
Facilities include a ski storage room with heated boot warmers and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The chalet is in the ideal location for those who like to be near the action, but not so near that you can hear it! The chalet is in a quiet residential area just 10 minutes walk from Chamonix town centre. There are also local buses that run circuits into town and to the ski areas.
The chalet sleeps up to 10 guests in four bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1: Double/twin room with en-suite shower room and space for a cot
- Bedroom 2: Twin room with access to a shower room shared with room 3
- Bedroom 3: Double room with access to shower room shared with room 2
- Bedroom 4: Quad room with four single beds, private balcony and access to a separate bathroom
The owners love to ski, snowboard, climb and hike and are happy to give you some insider tips on where to go and what to do whilst in Chamonix. They welcome groups and individuals and can sometimes offer last minute deals, long weekends and short breaks, depending on availability.
Accommodation is on a fully catered basis; this includes breakfast and afternoon tea each day and a 3 course evening meal 6 nights per week.
Breakfast is a hearty affair of cereals, porridge, French baguette, butter, spreads, boiled eggs, orange juice, tea and coffee. Afternoon tea will be laid out for you on your return from your day on the hill; make yourself at home, put the kettle on and help yourself to some of Breezy’s legendary freshly baked cakes or biscuits, French baguette, butter and jam. Your 3 course evening meal will be freshly prepared and home-cooked and accompanied by plenty of wine. On the hosts’ one day off, breakfast will be self service and in the evening you will be able to sample one of the many restaurants in town. Breezy and Alun will be happy to offer advice based on what you like to eat and will even book a restaurant on your behalf.
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Chamonix - Centre, France
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare, when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Chamonix from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Chamonix - Centre, France
You’ll need to book your own transfers when staying here. Your main options are shared or private transfers, but consider whether you would prefer a door-to-door service or a (generally cheaper) “communal” drop-off point at your destination
Also see: Transfers to Chamonix, France
If you book your ski and snowboard hire through their partner company, you can get 30% off the price. For full details, visit their website or contact the owners directly using the enquiry link on this page.
Also see: Ski Hire in Chamonix - Centre, France
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Chamonix, France
Instructors & Lessons
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own ski or snowboard lessons. Tuition is strongly recommended for complete beginners and is always a good idea whatever your level to perfect your technique. Group lessons are a great way for children to learn with their peers whilst giving you some free time on the slopes. Groups are also a generally cheaper option for adults, however, with a private instructor you’ll have undivided attention and be able to progress at your own pace.
Also see: Ski Schools in Chamonix - Centre, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Chamonix whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Chamonix - Centre, France
There is private outdoor parking on the property for up to 5 cars.
- "My wife and I stayed here in Feb 2016 with a large group of friends. Everyone agreed that the amazing chalet experience was an integral part of our trip - Breezy and Al are incredible hosts and excellent cooks, and we could not have felt more welcome. We particularly appreciated the huge garage for all our climbing / ski gear, the excellent "where to ski" advice and nutritious (and huge) meals. Our room was very clean with a large en suite bathroom, which my wife and I appreciated. If there are less than ten of you in the group, expect that there will be other guests that you will get to know well - for us this was a plus. We will be back." - Trip Advisor
- "Stayed with Breezy and Al for a weekend in January and had a fantastic time. Our 19 year old son said it was the best place he had ever stayed on a skiing holiday (praise indeed he has been on a lot). The food is wonderful, the chalet is clean,warm and cosy and Breezy and Al could not have done more to make our stay perfect from putting us in touch with a ski instructor, help with booking skis and advice on where to go for a mixed ability group. They such a friendly, warm and interesting couple - really cannot recommend Ski Breezy highly enough." - Trip Advisor
- "Stayed for 5 nights in February and couldn't recommend it more highly! Breezy and Al are really great hosts, helpful, friendly and fun, and produced wonderful dinners, not to mention the cakes! Convenient for buses to anywhere in the valley. And an awesome view of the Aiguille du Midi." - Trip Advisor
- "Joined my family, who had raved about past trips to the chalet for my first time in Chamonix and will jump at the chance to come back, if Al and Breezy will have me! With all of my bumps and bruises I could easily have had a very miserable week but I had plenty of fantastic home cooked food for every meal, a lovely hot shower to come home to and I slept really well all week" - Trip Advisor
- "As a group of four friends we enjoyed a mini ski break at Ski Breezy that was pure brilliance. The chalet is comfortable and well equipped, the location is town walkable and provides spectacular views and Breezy and Al provide incredible meals, endless knowledge, unbridled enthusiasm" - Trip Advisor
Chamonix is a bustling little hub in the centre of the valley that has everything you need within walking distance; you'll find shops, bars, restaurants and cafés dotted all around the pedestrianised heart of the resort. Lakes, forests and hiking trails surround the area making it easy to find tranquillity just a few minutes from the lively town centre. One of France's oldest ski resorts, Chamonix has plenty of character and traditional charm.
Chamonix's restaurants offer something for everyone, from Michelin starred gourmet cuisine to takeaway burgers. The central square is lined with fondue restaurants and pizzerias serving a good range of local and international dishes, as well as a couple of fast food shops. The bars and hotels on Avenue Michel Croz offer a good choice of tasty and well-priced food, whereas the Rue de Moulins is an excellent choice for a special night out. Venture in the opposite direction and you'll find more choices around the Aiguille du Midi/Chamonix Sud area, ranging from hearty pub grub to high class dining.
Also see: Restaurants in Chamonix - Centre, France
No visit to Chamonix is complete without a trip up the famous Aiguille du Midi on the world's highest vertical ascent cable car. From its summit at 3842m you can enjoy spectacular 360 views of France, Italy and Switzerland whilst watching roped-up mountaineers embark on expeditions. Another must-do is a visit to the Mer de Glace glacier on the Montenvers train along a rack-and-pinion track that winds up the side of the mountain. Once there you can visit crystal caves and enter the glacier to see sculptures carved into the ice. Both attractions are open year-round, check our opening/closing page for details.
Also see: Sights in Chamonix - Centre, France
The nearest golf course to Chamonix centre is the Golf Club de Chamonix, an 18 hole course in Chamonix Les Praz, near to the Flegere lift station. It has a driving range, club house and pro-shop where you can stock up on all the essentials. They hold regular competitions throughout the summer, the course is closed in winter.
Also see: Golf Courses in Chamonix - Centre, France
Chamonix has two lift stations that are directly accessible from the town centre - Brevent and Aiguille du Midi. The Brevent lift station is located behind the tourist office just a few minutes walk up a short hill, or you can catch a bus. The high-speed gondola takes you up to the main ski area at Plan Praz (2000m), where you can connect to a large cable car that goes all the way to the top at 2525m - the only route down from here is a black run but it's worth going up for the stunning views, you can get the cable car back down again if you're not confident enough to tackle the piste. Brevent is linked by another cable car to the nearby Flegere ski area, both are included on the same lift pass making it a great option for a full day on the slopes. Aiguille du Midi is one of the most popular tourist attractions in France and if you venture up, you'll see why. The cable is split into two sections and you change cars halfway at Plan de l'Aiguille, a popular hiking destination in the summer. The top of the second section sits at 3842m and is engulfed in snow all year round. Numerous viewing platforms look out on to breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks, you can see France, Switzerland and Italy in one turn of the head. The Aiguille du Midi is also the start of the Vallée Blanche, one of the world's most famous off-piste runs. The ever-changing nature of glacial terrain makes it dangerous to attempt without local knowledge though, so be sure to book a qualified mountain guide before setting off.
Also see: Ski Areas in Chamonix, France
Avenue Michel Croz is at the heart of the winter apres-ski scene, with live music and DJs playing at a variety of bars. If you prefer a more civilised drink that doesn't involve dancing on the tables, then head to the Rue des Moulins for chic wine bars and excellent restaurants. Chamonix Sud also has a cluster of bars that attract the younger crowd and seasonal workers. Chamonix has three nightclubs, one on the Rue des Moulins and another two in Chamonix Sud.
Also see: Bars in Chamonix - Centre, France
Location: Chamonix - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Owner Directly
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional
Sleeps: Sleeps 10
Bedrooms: 4 bedroom
Bookings For: Ski / Snowboard Hire
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast
Access: Children welcome
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room | Underfloor Heating
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: BBQ | CD player | DVD Player | Free WiFi | iPod Dock | TV
Outdoor: Garden - Private | Terrace
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: 80 Chemin d'Iles des Barrats | Chamonix - Centre | 74400