Merinannies have been operating since 2003 and provide a professional private nanny service in family-friendly ski resorts in the Alps. They specifically operate in the resorts of Chamonix, Courchevel, Ischgl, La Clusaz, La Tania, Lech, Megeve, Meribel, Samoens and St Anton
Their team consists of qualified and experienced nannies who have a genuine interest in children and warm, caring personalities. They pride themselves on the quality of their childcare service and the consistently high standards they offer. Their aim is to ensure every family has a memorable ski holiday.
Why book with Merinannies:
- Long standing experts: Established in 2003 they have gained the reputation of finest childcare provider in the Alps.
- Quality: First class childcare, hand-picked qualified and experienced nannies, CRB and reference checked, first aided, multilingual and local nannies.
- Resort knowledge: For personal advice on where to ski with the family in mind.
- Reliable: Large team of loyal returning nannies who love working with children and will go a mile further to make sure the family has a memorable ski holiday.
- Personal advice and Flexibility: to suit any family, created by a mother who is an expert in early years education and a keen skier.
- Professional and Respected: have built up a loyal clientele who follow them in their resorts year after year with excellent feedback.
- "I just wanted to drop you a line to say how fantastic we found your service. From initial contact and communication with you through to our fantastic nanny Sam. We thought Sam was tremendous, she made us feel as ease straight away and most importantly was wonderful with our daughter Evie. Nothing was too much for Sam and she obviously loves what she does. It meant I could really enjoy skiing and have a break. I would most definitely recommend Merinannies" - Customer feedback
- "It's lovely to see smily faces in your photos. Nicola and Sarah did an excellent job this week. Nothing was too much or stressful for both and they seemed to take it all in their stride. I would definitely recommend you if anyone was looking for a nanny. Well done Mary Poppins!!!" - Customer feedback
- "We were absolutely delighted with Joshua's nanny Daisy. She was fabulous in every way, from building rapport with ourselves and Joshua very quickly to being very professional, punctual, mature, flexible and kind. We felt really happy to leave our 17 week old baby in her capable hands which meant that we could really enjoy the skiing without worrying about our son." - Customer feedback
- "We would highly recommend Merinannies to others. The process was very easy and thank you Katia for your prompt replies to all our e mails and for making this possible at quite short notice" - Customer feedback
What to bring
There are supermarkets to provide almost everything you will need and they can arrange shopping for you too.
Toys are normally kept in chalets and so are books and DVD's but Merinannies do advise you to bring your child's favourites e.g. a blanket, book, beaker as they can be very comforting in a strange environment.
Before you travel they advise you to check with your chalet manager to find out what facilities they have to accommodate children and babies, especially if you need high-chairs, cots and buggies.
Essentials to bring are:- Indoor and outdoor shoes and or slippers, waterproof jackets for play outside, boots, warm hats, gloves, scarf, sunscreen, sunglasses (even for babies) or goggles and calpol, although there are other versions of this in resort.
They offer care for babies and children from 4 weeks to 14 years of age.
- Full time care, 8 consecutive hours from 8.30am to 5pm or 9am to 5pm
- Part time from 4 consecutive hours minimum per day for 5 or 6 days (if you would like fewer days please ask)
- Evening babysitting after 7pm (minimum 3 hours), this can be booked in advance
Nanny to Child Ratios:
- One nanny for two children under the age of 2 years
- One nanny for 3 children over the age of 3
- One nanny for 4 children over the age of 4
Activities are planned to make sure everyone is having fun indoors and outdoors.
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley
Age: Minimum Age: 4 Weeks | Maximum Age: 14 Years
Languages Spoken: English | French | German | Russian
Activities: Children's Activities
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Outdoor Activities
Catering: Flexible catering options
Families & Kids: Childcare | Kids' Club / Activities
Open Seasons: Winter
Address: Chamonix | Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley | 74400