Pierre-chaud, or pierrade, and braserade are strictly for committed carnivores - if you like your meat to come with a side of meat then this is your kind of meal.
"Pierre-chaud" literally translates as "hot rock" - a red hot slate on which you sizzle a selection of raw meats. The braserade is along the same lines but is more similar to a table-top BBQ.
The meats come with a choice of seasonings and you can can cook them exactly to your liking. Both dishes usually come with a selection of sauces and potatoes or fries.
More Chamonix Insights...
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019