After a couple of glorious weekends skiing in Grands Montets and Brévent, Chamonix opened its curtains to a very snowy Monday, just the perfect start of the week.
Heavy snow fell all day on Monday across all altitudes. Currently, there is a fresh layer of 15cms down in Chamonix town and around 35cm of fluffy snow on Lognan, in Grands Montets. The sun should shine through Tuesday before the clouds return.
The forecast currently predicts another metre of snow throughout the week, with up to 160cm on the Aiguille du Midi!
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to Chamonix this weekend
- BritFlix, a British film festival in Chamonix
- Blue skies & sunshine in Chamonix
- 2020 brings blue skies to Chamonix
- Chamonix in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do