Most of the lifts in the Chamonix Valley will open on Saturday, December 14th 2019. Those lucky enough to be here to enjoy the slopes are in for a treat as we had a massive dump of snow on Thursday and more is set to fall today.
Around 25cm fell on Thursday at 1800m, with another 40cm expected on Friday and almost a metre higher up, which will accumulate on top of the 50-70cm that we had at the beginning of the week. Avalanche risk has been raised to 4/5, so stay safe out there!
Unfortunately, due to the weather conditions, Grands Montets will be shut for the day on Friday, December 13th 2019. However, it will hopefully reopen on Saturday, when most of the lifts in the ski area will whir into action, including Brévent, Flégère, Le Tour and Les Houches.
The weather forecast is saying that we'll get even more snow on Saturday, with the sun shining through the clouds on Sunday. The long-term forecast is for more sun and clouds on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and precipitations next Wednesday and Friday.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to Chamonix this weekend
- BritFlix, a British film festival in Chamonix
- Blue skies & sunshine in Chamonix
- 2020 brings blue skies to Chamonix
- Chamonix in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do