We woke up to around another 5-10cm of fresh snow again in Chamonix town this morning and it's still snowing..
Fresh snow fall depths from the rest of the valley are as follows:
- Grands Montets - 20cm at the top and 11cm at mid station
- Brevent - 18cm at the top and 10cm at mid station
- Flegere - 9cm at the top & 8 cm at mid station
- Le Tour - 5cm at the top and 8cm at Charamillon
- Les Houches - 15cm at Bellevue
The avalanche risk remains at 3/5 - A considerable risk of slides happening. A number of avalanches have occurred across the French & Swiss Alps in the last few days, so stay in the open parts of resort and respect any 'piste closed' signs or roped off areas. You are advised to go with a ski guide or on an off piste ski lesson with a ski school or private instructor if you're even considering going off piste.
Keep an eye on Live Lift Status to see what's open where in the valley.