After a few days of sunshine and clouds, the skies finally opened in Chamonix yesterday. What started as rain in the valley at around midday, quickly turned into snow at all altitudes.
While the town has received around 15cm of fresh snow, reports are suggesting that there may be up to 35cm of fresh snow at altitude, although this is hard to measure due to the high winds. Current avalanche risk has risen to 4/5.
Yesterday and today were whiteout days and most of the lifts in the valley remained closed. If you're heading out today, bear in mind that Chamonix Le Pass ski passes can be used in Les Houches without having to validate them at the desk.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Ice Skating in Les Houches
- Tibetan New Year - Lhossar, Les Houches
- Happy Hour at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Breakfast with The Beatles at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud