OK it's raining in Chamonix town this morning, but there is fresh snow up there on the mountains today.
It's a much welcome and much needed top up to higher parts of the ski area that have been suffering with lack of snow, although this means that slopes and beginner areas lower down are getting rained on
Latest Snow fall stats this morning:
- Grands Montets - Lognan 1972 m 10cm, Top station 3275 m 15cm
- Flegere - 1890 m - 9cm, Index 2385 m - 12cm
- Brevent - Planpraz 2000 m - 5cm, Brevent top station 2525 m - 10cm
- Le Tour - Charamillon 1035 m - 7cm, Balme Haut - 10cm
- Les Houches - Bellevue 1800 m - 5cm
- Aiguille du Midi - 10cm
- St Gervais - Mont Arbois - 1840 m - 4cm
- Megeve - Cote 2000 - 2014 m - 3cm
- Les Contamines - Aiguille 2450 m - 5cm
Check in on these stats and Live Lift & Piste status, for each part of the Chamonix ski area.
With the rain in town the paths are really icy, so pick up a pair of slip on grippers from your shoes at most of the ski hire shops, Technique Extreme near the Midi lift or the tabac on the main high street.