After a couple of days of unseasonably warm temperatures, the snow started falling in the Chamonix Valley on Tuesday at around noon.
What began as light snow, drifting because of the wind, became heavier as the evening came and it continued dumping it down throughout the night. There are now around 15cm of fresh snow at the bottom of the valley and 28cm at Grands Montets mid-station, in Lognan. On the Aiguille du Midi, at 3840m, the layer of fresh snow has reached almost 40cm.
The forecast is suggesting that it will be sunny in the foreseeable future, with low temperatures and perhaps some more snow coming on Sunday so these are set to be some of the best skiing days of the season so far.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Breakfast with The Beatles at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud
- Tibetan New Year - Lhossar, Les Houches
- Ice Skating in Les Houches
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Happy Hour at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud