The snow started to arrive in Chamonix at the beginning of the weekend and it hasn't stopped..
Snow depths in the centre of town are around 20-30cm with the following reported up on the mountains:
- Aiguille du Midi - 1 metre
- Grands Montets - 35cm at 3275m, 45cm at 1972m
- Flegere - 25cm at 1890m, 25cm at 2385m
- Brevent - 30cm at 2000m, 20cm at 2525m
- Le Tour - 20cm at 1850m, 18cm at 2270m
- Les Houches - 20cm at 1800m
- St Gervais & Megeve - 50cm at 1840m, 25cm at 1400m
- Les Contamines - 30cm at 2450m, 30cm at 1880m
The avalanche risk has gone up to 4/5 so there's a significant risk of slides.
To see which lifts and pistes are open this morning check in our our Live Lift Status page.
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley