It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Chamonix. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 15cm of snow has fallen in some places at valley level, with over 20cm on the pistes and more than 30cm at the top of the Aiguille du Midi. More snow is set to fall this morning, as well as next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Chamonix. Lifts in Grands Montets may open in a week, on November 16th, with the whole ski area scheduled to open in just over a month, on Saturday, December 14th. Time to book your ski trip to Chamonix!
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live