It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Chamonix. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 15cm of snow has fallen in some places at valley level, with over 20cm on the pistes and more than 30cm at the top of the Aiguille du Midi. More snow is set to fall this morning, as well as next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Chamonix. Lifts in Grands Montets may open in a week, on November 16th, with the whole ski area scheduled to open in just over a month, on Saturday, December 14th. Time to book your ski trip to Chamonix!
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix