Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang... well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of the Chamonix Valley celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on July 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789.
Fireworks will take place in Chamonix and Servoz on July 13th as part of the closing ceremony of the 2019 Climbing World Cup. On July 14th, you will have the choice between the top or bottom of the valley with celebrations in Vallorcine, and Les Houches. On July 15th, Argentière will provide its own evening of celebrations. Events are generally free of charge.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Good piste conditions half-way through the Chamonix season
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix