The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Chamonix holding wine tasting sessions.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix