Get yourself down to the ice-rink and support the Chamonix ice hockey team "Les Pionniers"; matches are played most weeks, either friendly or league games.
Games usually start at 20:00/20:30 with tickets for the league matches costing €15 for adults and €11 for children (free for children under 8 years). For special gala matches that crop up throughout the season, tickets cost €17/€13.
There is a bar at the rink so you can get a few beers in whilst you watch the game and they also serve hot food and snacks. Alternatively, you could start the night with dinner at the Micro Brewery de Chamonix (The MBC) just over the road from the ice rink and then head over to watch the match. You'll often see the players celebrating (or drowning their sorrows) in the MBC afterwards.
Remember to take some warm clothes and shoes, hats and gloves - you are going to be sitting in a large freezer in a ski resort for a while.
Tickets can be bought on the door or online, visit the Hockey Club website (link above) for further details.
Dates for this event
- 165 Route de la Patinoire
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix