Chamonix's own Cinema VOX is situated right in the centre of town, slightly tucked back on the Place Balmat (the main square in the centre) next to the Bartavel restaurant.
There are 3 recently refurbished screens equiped with digital 3D projectors show the latest French and International films, as well as a number of premieres and specialist mountain-sports films.
Check next to the titles in the programme for 'english version' to watch films in English with French subtitles (VOSTF), and watch out for films in the 'original language', other than in French, written as (V.O) - 'version originale' or VF - Version Francais- though be warned this does not necessarily mean that the film is in English!
Sessions usually take place at 5.30pm and 9pm, and on bad weather days there is often an extra viewing session in the afternoon. Entrance fees are around: Adults €9.00, Children €4.00 with discounts for bulk purchase: Adults (8 entries) 50€. Children (8 entries) 4€. You'll pay 2€ for 3D glasses, unless you happen to have your own.
There is of course the possibility to obtain the essential popcorn, snacks, and soft drinks inside, or you can get a cinema / pizza deal at Pizza Hop in Chamonix Sud. The deal is a pizza & drink plus 1 entry to the cinema for just 15€.
Click on the website link to see what's on this week.
Dates for this event
- 22 Cour du Bartavel
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix