Every year Chamonix hosts the Climbing World Cup, as some of the best climbers in the world descend on the resort for three days of fantastic climbing action.
Organised by the FFME (French Federation for Climbing and Mountaineering) and the Chamonix Club des Sports, the event is held at Place du Mont Blanc, where a “Climbing Village” of around 20 exhibitors springs up at the base of the two specially built climbing walls and a big screen. Standing at approximately 15m high and 6m wide, one wall is built for speed climbing and the other is built for lead climbing, each giving two climbing 'lanes' 3m wide.
Get the full schedule and more information via the website linked above.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020