In winter, Les Houches boasts two ice rinks; an indoor one and an open-air rink which is open throughout the winter months from late December to March. Both are situated on the main road, just opposite the exit toward the train station and the motorway.
Entry to the ice rink is free for anyone holding a three to 21-day Mont-Blanc Unlimited ski pass. Otherwise, it costs €3 (free for children under 6) while skate hire costs €4. There is also a season pass, including skate hire, for €30. For younger children, there are supports available to keep them stable on the ice.
On Fridays during the school holidays, you can skate to music well into the evening, as the rink is floodlit from 20:00 until 22:00. Night skating is completely free, including skate hire.
The ice rink opening is weather dependent.
Dates for this event
- 25 Avenue des Alpages
More Chamonix Insights...
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Ice Skating in Les Houches
- Tibetan New Year - Lhossar, Les Houches
- Happy Hour at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Breakfast with The Beatles at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud