Summer is over and interseason well and truly underway in Chamonix. It's at this time of year that the number of tourists dwindles and the locals get their town back for a few weeks before the winter season hits.
But don't let the lift closures get you down, there's still plenty to do in the valley in October. From golf tournaments to first division hockey and traditional fetes, here is a quick rundown of some of the best events happening over the coming month, as well as what weather to expect and what to do.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to Chamonix this weekend
- BritFlix, a British film festival in Chamonix
- Blue skies & sunshine in Chamonix
- 2020 brings blue skies to Chamonix
- Chamonix in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do