Summer is over and interseason well and truly underway in Chamonix. It's at this time of year that the number of tourists dwindles and the locals get their town back for a few weeks before the winter season hits.
But don't let the lift closures get you down, there's still plenty to do in the valley in October. From golf tournaments to first division hockey and traditional fetes, here is a quick rundown of some of the best events happening over the coming month, as well as what weather to expect and what to do.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix