Summer is over and interseason well and truly underway in Chamonix. It's at this time of year that the number of tourists dwindles and the locals get their town back for a few weeks before the winter season hits.
But don't let the lift closures get you down, there's still plenty to do in the valley in October. From golf tournaments to first division hockey and traditional fetes, here is a quick rundown of some of the best events happening over the coming month, as well as what weather to expect and what to do.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live