Parc de Merlet is a great place to spot some local animals in their natural environment. A nature reserve, rather than a zoo, the park is perched on a large sunny plateau high above Les Houches with stunning views across to Mont Blanc.
Accompanied by a qualified mid-mountain guide, this moderate snowshoe walk will take you through woodland and meadows where you can come face to face with several of the local alpine creatures in their natural environment. The 3 hour circuit takes in around 200m of altitude gain so a decent level of fitness is required, although this time includes plenty of stops for explanations and photo taking.
Available every Tuesday and Thursday from 13:00 to 17:00, depending on weather conditions. €35 adult / €25 child, including snowshoes & poles and minibus transport from Les Houches railway station to Coupeau. Advance booking is required - call +33 (0)6 78 50 03 96.
Dates for this event
- Open Seasons
- Chemin de Merlet
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020