This fantastic trail running race in the Chamonix valley covers a distance of 50km and gives the athletes some of the most iconic and fantastic views of Mont Blanc and the valley.
Starting from the town of Chamonix, the route climbs high up into the Aiguille Rouges nature reserve, taking a different path each year.
Not for the faint hearted (or unprepared!) the race covers a distance of 50km and a total ascent of over 4000 metres.
Top athletes can complete this race in around 6.5 hours but for many it will mean a long day of running lasting between 10 and 13 hours.
If you don't want to take part then supporting the event and watching along the way can be just as fun!
- 50 kilometres / 4 000 metres of ascent
- Maximum number of runners : 650 / 2 UTMB® points
- 4 refreshment posts (3 along the route – 1 at the finish) / 1 meal, style buffet at the finish
- Best time : 6hrs 20mins / Average time : 10hrs 30mins / Maximum time : 13hrs 30mins
- 150 volunteers
There is also a smaller circuit, the P'tit Trail des Aiguilles Rouges which covers a 15km loop with around 1200 meters of ascent and descent.
- 15 kilometres / 1 200 metres ascent
- Maximum number of runners : 250
- 1 refreshment post at the finish / 1 meal buffet style at the finish
- Best time : 1hr 30mins / Maximum time : 4 hours
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley
Event: Races / Competition | Sports Event
Venue Style: Open Air / Outdoors