The UTMB® is a trail running event full of superlatives! An essential event for trail-runners from all over the world. Each year, the elite of the trail-running world find themselves in Chamonix alongside almost 8000 runners keen to participate in one of the event's 5 races.
Committing oneself to running around Mont-Blanc is above all to experience an internal adventure, a unique experience where each participant will have to draw from their strengths and push their mental and physical limits in order to cross the finishing line. This extraordinary trip at the heart of the massif will permit trail-runners to cross valleys and passes in contact with the most beautiful summits, in an alpine décor which is unique in the world.
To participate or assist with the UTMB®, is to vibrate to the rhythm of the trail-running planet and to share an extraordinary festival at the heart of a territory which has been mobilised for the occasion. 2 000 volunteers from 15 different countries, 19 French, Italian and Swiss communes within the Mont-Blanc country all working for the success of the event and supporting the UTMB® runners. 16,000 supporters who are coming to encourage their nearest and dearest and more than 50,000 spectators who will visit the salon and participate in the animations in all the villages of the Mont-Blanc country.
The five events are the
- PTL - 290km with 26,500m elevation
- CCC - 101km with 6,100m elevation
- UTMB - 170km with 10,000m elevation
- TDS - 119km with 7,250 elevation
- OCC - 55km with 3,500m elevation
Visit the website for the full programme and how to register.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020