This month, the Michelin-starred Albert 1er are pleased to introduce Saint-Marc wines of the Burgundy region.
In 1980, on Easter weekend, two friends met as they'd been doing for 15 years. On the premise of ‘why not us’, they spoke about creating a vineyard. Both born in Burgundy, they shared a passion for this region and its wines. What they created is now a 7-hectare domain with 10 different designations, from Hautes Côtes de Beaune to the south through Maranges, Santenay, Meursault, Pommard and Beaune
The morning tasting session is followed by a gastronomic lunch in the Albert 1er restaurant where chef Pierre Mallet proposes a menu elaborated to match perfectly with the wines of the domain. The winemaker will take pleasure in joining you at the table.
10:30 - Tasting of different wines:
- Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Beaune white wine, 2015
- Santenay white wine, Saint Jean 2015
- Meursault white wine, Bois de Blagny 2015
- Maranges 1er cru red wine, Clos Roussots 2015
- Pommard red wine, Chanlins 2015
12:00 - Lunch at the 'Albert 1er' restaurant:
- Rock octopus served warm, lightly grilled squid, purple artichoke, tomato and candied lemon
- Black poulette breast poached in Ayse du Mont Blanc wine, Albufera sauce, crusty leg, spring onion and sweet onion from Cévennes
- Blue cheese from Cordon and Soumaintrain
- Chocolate raspberries, raspberry & red pepper sorbet
- Café, Infusion Petits fours, chocolates and mignardises
- Proposed wines: Santenay white wine, Saint Jean, 2015; Meursault white wine, Bois de Blagny, 2015; Santenay red wine, les Chainey, 2015; Beaune 1er cru red wine, Clos des Avaux, 2015
The price for the wine tasting and the gastronomic lunch is 105€ per person. The lunchtime menu only including wine, water and coffee is 75€ per person. Places are limited so please call or send an enquiry to book.
N.B. In order to guarantee your reservation, they ask you your credit card details (long number, expiration date and the security code). In case of cancellation 48 hours prior to the wine tasting concerned, the value of the wine tasting lunch per cancelled person will be charged, except if they manage to find somebody to replace you.
Dates for this event
- 38 Route Du Bouchet