Your holiday time in the Chamonix valley is valuable. Every day counts. Every moment should be a special one.
Teresa Kaufman, well-known photographer and former tour-guide for American Express, has introduced an exclusive and bespoke service to create personalised itineraries for demanding and well-traveled clients, be it for a half a day, a weekend or for a full week.
Whether you are a new-comer to the valley or a return visitor looking for something special, Teresa’s itinerary creations of the Chamonix valley and of nearby Switzerland and Italy, are designed to surprise and enchant you.
And if you are not especially sport’s minded, then Teresa can invent the kind of outings that will suit your interests and cater to your physical abilities
If you are looking for someone to help you plan for a medium-sized or large group, Teresa’s 20 years of experience as a tour leader and her intimate knowledge of the valley will make your side of the planning easier and less time-consuming. She can act as your mediator if it’s comfortable communications that you need. Or, she can provide you a personalised tour for the time of your stay, for you or for your group, either on foot or with your own transportation.
Please contact Teresa Kaufman for a quote according to your needs; itinerary design or private accompaniment. She will be happy to reply and advise with graciousness and devotion to the area.
An example price for private accompaniment:
- 250€ half-day for one to eight persons (itinerary creation accompaniment included)
- 400€ for a full-day (itinerary creation accompaniment included)
For personalised, creative itinerary design and trip planning with no accompaniment - depending on the size of the group and the time devoted to create the itinerary. Prices start at :
- 150€ half-day
- 250€ full-day
For further details contact Teresa directly using the enquiry link on this page or visit her website.
- "I have been home from my one month trip to Europe for about a week and the memory that stands out the most is my time in Chamonix. This is largely because I started my time off there by going for a walk with Theresa.Theresa is somewhat of an anthropologist and teaches you about the people of Chamonix Valley. There is very rich cultural information that brought the place to life for me. She shares her information as if she is telling an intriguing story, all the while pointing out ways to enjoy an authentic experience in Chamonix. I would recommend this tour to anyone who has a curiosity about what is beyond the stunning mountains and fancy town. I felt that spending time with Theresa allowed me gain insight that would otherwise not be gained until having lived in the place for years. I would do the tour again in a heartbeat." - Trip Advisor
- "Found Teresa here on Tripadvisor. I am not a skier so I was looking for interesting things to do while the group skied. I wish I had been able to connect with her at the beginning of my trip. Her tour was so interesting and I learned so much about the town, the architecture and culture." - Trip Advisor
- "I recently spent a wonderful afternoon with Teresa Kaufman on one of her photographic walking tours of Chamonix. A wonderful mix of local history within a photographic lesson, all the while wondering the beautiful village of Chamonix. A snow shower whilst out walking only added to the experience and photos! Teresa shared insights about the history of Chamonix and hidden walkways that I would have otherwise missed. I not only achieved some great images but also thoroughly enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea at the Auberge du Bois Prin Hotel. Highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "What a fabulous afternoon spent with Teresa walking in the fresh soft powdered snow. Teresa patiently showed me how to take better photos using my iPhone in addition to walking around hidden gems of Chamonix. Our day consisted of a train journey, a private lunch in a wooden refuge in front of a cosy fire a history lesson and great company whilst walking around the countryside taking fantastic photos.I can guarantee you will enjoy the various tours Teresa has to offer you as a solo traveler or a group." - Trip Advisor
- "I had such a wonderful and memorable custom walk with Teresa this summer. She is a gem, so knowledgeable, and she will introduce you to hidden life and culture in the countryside around Chamonix or the city itself. Teresa is also a wonderful teacher and photography guide--and even though photography was not my reason for wanting to go on the walk, I learned previously unknown ways to use my IPhone to take pictures! Don't miss the opportunity to take a walk with Teresa and create a holiday memory like I did." - Trip Advisor
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley
Level: Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced | Family Friendly
Typical Duration: 1 day | All week
Languages Spoken: English | French | Italian
Activities: Hiking / Walking | Mountain Walking | Photography | Tours / Excursions
Event Services: Activities
Guides & Instructors: Walking Guides
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter