Nestled just off to the right hand side of the main gondola at Le Tour is La Vormaine ski area.
The ski area sits at an altitude of 1,462m and has 4 button lifts of varying lengths and a magic carpet, giving beginners access to the gently sloping ski area. The lifts give you access to 2 green pistes, a blue and a freestyle area, perfect if you’re skiing for the first time or with young children.
The lifts open on 19th December from 09:00 to 16:30 every day.
A snack bar can be found on site as well as a children's only area which is managed by the local ESF ski school.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019