During the latest routine survey of the Bochard gondola, located in Les Grands Montets ski area, an issue has been found at the arrival station.
This problem is due to the ground's instability, caused by the geomorphological evolution of the area and changes in the permafrost. Due to the need to secure the lift system, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc has decided to shut the gondola until these issues can be resolved.
The Bochard lift will be closed for at least a week while works are carried out. A special one-day €40 Grands Montets ski pass will be offered, while the Chamonix Le Pass ski pass will have a -10% discount.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019