It may not come as a huge surprise to some, after two rather bad years for the event here in Chamonix, the 2018 event will not be taking place here for the first time we can remember.
The 2018 freeride event will be kicking off in new location Hakuba, Japan in January, followed by the second new venue of Kicking Horse in BC, Canada in February.
These two new venues definitely give the FWT more of a 'worldwide' appeal, since each of the 5 stops of this year's will be in different countries, as opposed to a Europe-heavy set of locations from previous years.
For those of you who liked to go and watch the event in person here in Chamonix, I'm afraid you'll have to catch up on all the action on the live stream instead. Here are the event dates for next year:
- Hakuba, Japan – January 20th-27th, 2018
- Kicking Horse, Golden, BC, Canada – February 3rd-9th, 2018
- Vallnord-Arcalís, Andorra – March 1st-7th, 2018
- Fieberbrunn, Austria – March 9th-15th, 2018
- Verbier, Switzerland – March 31st - April 8th, 2018
Dates are subject to change, so check in on the FWT facebook page or website for updates nearer the time.
Location: Chamonix - Les Praz / Flegere