After four years out of the programme, the legendary Kandahar ski race, which takes place on La Verte run in Les Houches, will be back in 2020 and 2021.
On May 27th-June 1st, the annual congress of the International Ski Federation took place in Croatia to decide the Alpine Ski World Cup schedule for 2019-20 and 2020-21. It was then that the happy news was announced.
The Chamonix Valley's administration has been working hard to bring back this event to our mountains. The arrival area of La Verte run will be enlarged throughout the autumn to comply with the FIS requirements, with works costing €10 million.
In 2020, the Kandahar World Cup will take place on February 8th and 9th and will host two races: slalom and parallel slalom. On January 30th and 31st 2021, two new races, downhill and parallel giant slalom, will come to Les Houches.
Some of the world's fastest skiers will gather in Chamonix for a weekend of incredible feats. This event is not to be missed, so start booking your accommodation now and be a part of one of the biggest races in the world.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix