After four years out of the programme, the legendary Kandahar ski race, which takes place on La Verte run in Les Houches, will be back in 2020 and 2021.
On May 27th-June 1st, the annual congress of the International Ski Federation took place in Croatia to decide the Alpine Ski World Cup schedule for 2019-20 and 2020-21. It was then that the happy news was announced.
The Chamonix Valley's administration has been working hard to bring back this event to our mountains. The arrival area of La Verte run will be enlarged throughout the autumn to comply with the FIS requirements, with works costing €10 million.
In 2020, the Kandahar World Cup will take place on February 8th and 9th and will host two races: slalom and parallel slalom. On January 30th and 31st 2021, two new races, downhill and parallel giant slalom, will come to Les Houches.
Some of the world's fastest skiers will gather in Chamonix for a weekend of incredible feats. This event is not to be missed, so start booking your accommodation now and be a part of one of the biggest races in the world.
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019