There are two big trends in snowboarding right now; carving and snowsurf. They both
Snowsurfing in particular, and the trend towards riding powder, has in turn influenced snowboard shape and design. The industry is awash with natural materials like bamboo and powder specific features like the swallowtail. The trend towards more riders getting out into the backcountry is still strong too. More and more brands have splitboards in their ranges which reflects how many snowboarders are looking beyond the boundaries of resorts to enjoy the mountains. Here are a few of our favourite boards for the winter 2018 / 2019 season.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019