The Compagnie du Mont Blanc have just announced that the lifts in the Brévent and Balme/Le Tour ski areas will be open until April 22nd 2019. A whole week after the previously scheduled closing date on April 14th!
In Brévent, the extended opening will affect the Planpraz gondola, the Brévent cable car, the Parsa and Cornu chairlifts, the 2000 drag lift and the Funi 2000 beginners' lift. This means that almost all of the lifts will be open for longer in this area. In Balme/Le Tour, the Charamillon gondola, the Autannes chairlift and the Plan des Reines and Aiguillettes drag lifts will open to skiers until April 22nd.
Les Grands Montets will be the final ski area to close, on May 5th.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019