Plans are underway to completely overhaul the Le Tour lift station within the next few years, possibly with a view to changing the location and redesigning the whole area.
The green gondolas of the Charamillon telecabine have been in service for over thirty years and are long overdue an update. The six seater gondola was designed to carry 1500 people per hour, but in reality the creaky old mechanisms are not reaching anywhere near that number. Plans are being made to replace not just the cabins but the entire lift station by winter 2018/19.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live