The Leman Express will connect passengers from Geneva to St-Gervais-les-Bains without changing trains, with the line due for completion by December 2019.
The service is part of a larger Franco-Swiss plan which will connect 45 stations in both countries over 230km of lines, making it the largest cross-border regional rail network in Europe. 40 new trains will circulate on the new CEVA line (Cornavin-Eaux-Vives-Annemasse), serving Coppet, Evian-Les Bains, Annecy, St-Gervais and Annemasse. The St. Gervais service is scheduled to commence from December 15th, 2019. From here, passengers can take the Mont Blanc Express Train straight to Chamonix.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live