When summer hits in Chamonix, temperatures can soar above 30ºC. At an altitude of 1035m, the resort is relatively low down for an Alpine ski town, which means that things tend to be a little warmer here than in some of the higher altitude resorts.
In the middle of a heatwave in the Chamonix Valley, you have two friends: water and altitude. With that in mind, here's a quick rundown of some of the more refreshing activities you can partake in on those stiflingly hot days.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live