When summer hits in Chamonix, temperatures can soar above 30ºC. At an altitude of 1035m, the resort is relatively low down for an Alpine ski town, which means that things tend to be a little warmer here than in some of the higher altitude resorts.
In the middle of a heatwave in the Chamonix Valley, you have two friends: water and altitude. With that in mind, here's a quick rundown of some of the more refreshing activities you can partake in on those stiflingly hot days.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020