From April 15th to November 30th 2019, restrictions will be in place on many of the trails running under or near the route of the Flegere cable car. This is to facilitate ongoing work on the replacement of the telecabine system.
This will include sections of the Petite Balcon Sud, and the path along the Arve river. Some deviations will be in place, and hikers, trail runners and mountain bikers are asked to respect the signage directing people away from restricted trails. Access to Lac Blanc will remain possible via the Col des Montets. The new lift system is expected to be in operation by December 2019.
UPDATE: Restrictions on the Petit Balcon Sud between Les Praz and Les Tines will be in place from April 23rd to May 3rd.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020