Join Happy Tracks on the challenging and breath-taking trek from Mont Blanc in Chamonix to the Matterhorn in Zermatt!
The Haute Route is one of the top 10 treks in the world. Covering over 200 kilometres and 15,000 metres of elevation, the route between Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn is probably the most scenic trail to do in the Alps.
Within the 10 – 14 days of hiking there are some challenging mountain passes to climb. You will get amazing views over some impressive glaciers and 4000-metre peaks. The path leads through beautiful meadows with flowers, animals and crystal clear lakes. In the evenings you will rest and stay in some traditional mountain villages where you can enjoy the history, culture and great food!
Prices start from €1390 and include following services:
- Qualified guide
- Pack lunches for every stage
- Accommodation in mountain huts with half board (shared bedrooms)
- Planned transportation according to itinerary
- Private accommodation
- Luggage transfer
- "A challenging, demanding and beautiful hike. There were a few places which were particularly difficult to traverse but with Anja's guidance and occasional hand-holding, we were able to hike safely across. There was a day when I felt unwell after a long hike and I was well taken care of by Happy Tracks. I have wonderful memories of hiking Haute Route, thanks to Happy Tracks." - Trip Advisor
- "Did an 8-person private trek of the Haute Route with Raph and Anja over the summer. They were great! Loved their personal touches with preparing meals, etc. Inspired by their new venture and cannot recommend them enough. Would love to do other treks together." - Trip Advisor
- "The Happy Tracks team took us on the experience of a lifetime. Working on the next Happy Tracks trip" - Trip Advisor
- "If you're planning to hike the Haute Route from Chamonix, France to Zermatt, Switzerland, stop whatever you're doing (including reading Kev Reynolds' "Chamonix to Zermatt") and contact Happy Tracks. Raphael is a Swiss expert on and lover of his country's spectacular mountains, flora and fauna, and history and lore. He can either plan your hike for you, or, if you're smart and book him as your tour guide, lead you on a hike of a lifetime. He and his partner, Anja, planned our hike, and then he led us over the Alps along the route. Each day provided stunning new vistas, worry-free hikes (not only did we never fear getting lost, Raphael could adjust our hikes based on distance, weather, our interests, or trail conditions if necessary), accommodations, luggage-transfer, and food - including creative and delicious lunches he prepared for us each morning! On top of that, the fact that he's multi-lingual made him the go-to guy for Germans, Brits, Americans, French, Italians, and others who had questions along the way about the Haute Route. We had compared six other tour operators before our hike, and Happy Tracks was by far the best value. Not only will you put your life in the hands of someone incredibly competent, you'll see the Swiss Alps through the eyes of a knowledgeable, articulate native. Priceless." - Trip Advisor
Location: Chamonix - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Special Offer: Activity Offer | Holiday Offer
Activities: Hiking / Walking | Mountain Walking