The absolute highlight in Happy Tracks' winter programme is their igloo activities. They have spent many hours creating an amazing igloo that has been built from blocks of snow, just like the Inuit do high up in the north.
Enjoy a traditional cheese fondue inside their cosy igloo along with some homemade mulled wine prepared on the open fire, after some speedy sledging fun or a gentle snowshoe walk.
Enjoy an easy, beautiful guided snowshoe walk in the Swiss Trient Valley (30-minute drive from Chamonix) to reach the igloo which is hidden in a dark pine forest. Once you arrive at the igloo there will be an open fire with some delicious mulled wine/hot chocolate and homemade cookies waiting for you.
Inside the cosy igloo, which is equipped with candles and warm fluffy sheepskins you can enjoy a traditional cheese fondue to share with your partner, friends or family.
As well as this igloo activity, you can also book a sledging adventure. The Happy Tracks van will take you to the top of a 2.5km forest track on which you will be sledging down accompanied by one of their guides. You can do as many runs as you want - it's great fun for everyone!
- Rental of snowshoes, sledge etc.
- Pick up drop off at your accommodation Chamonix valley
- Qualified guides
- "Anja and Rapha are awesome. My wife and I were looking for a non-skiing evening at Chamonix and came across Happy Tracks on a website with very good reviews. I sent an email and they immediately responded with a few options that would fit our timeframe. We opted to snowshoe to an igloo above the tree line where they prepared muddled wine and an authentic cheese fondue. We ended up being the only ones on the hike that evening and got to spend some time with them. We had great easy flowing conversation and learned all about the area. It was such a unique experience. The hike was about 1.5 - 2 hours uphill (we flew in early that morning and didn't entirely know what to expect so it took us a bit longer), and then about 45 minutes down after dinner. Entirely worth it!" - Trip Advisor
- "A brilliant evening snowshoeing up and up through the trees with amazing glimpses of the town beneath and the stars above. It's quite hard work but totally worth it when you reach a gorgeous clearing and are served vin Chad and a hot cheesy fondue in the cutest hand made igloo hidden away on the mountain. Lovely people and a much quicker trek down the mountain track and they drop you back to your doorstep tired from the exertion and full of cheese. Can't beat it." - Trip Advisor
- "My boyfriend and I went on the igloo hike with a fondue and had a really enjoyable evening, would definitely recommend happy tracks!! Mulled wine over a huge fire greeted us and there was plenty of fondue to go round in the cosy igloo (which they hand made!). Not only was bread provided but a huge array of dipping ingredients from pineapple to mushroom - carried all the way up the mountain! Happy tracks owners provided a professional and excellent service. Highly recommended to all!" - Trip Advisor
- "Great trek up a mountain to an igloo built by our wonderful guides. Mulled wine, open fire and fondoo awaited us at the top. A really good experience with two amazing and friendly guides. Would recommend them to any one." - Trip Advisor
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley
Special Offer: Activity Offer
Activities: Igloo Experience | Sledging / Tobogganing | Snowshoeing