Mont-Blanc Unlimited ski-passes (Full area)
If backcountry exploring is your thing and you want the maximum variety of terrain available, look no further! The Mont Blanc Unlimited Pass is the “all singing, all dancing” ski pass that will give you unlimited access to all the areas the Chamonix Le Pass does PLUS, Les Houches, top station Grand Montets (normally €10), Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace train and the Tramway du Mont-Blanc and unlimited access to Courmayeur (Italy), Evasion Mont-Blanc (France) and Verbier (Switzerland).
For the duration of your MBU pass you will have:
- Access to the Grands Montets Top cable-car (in winter). Reservation is compulsory in winter: book online or at one of the Ski Pass Offices.
- Access to the Aiguille du Midi cable car and the Vallee Blanche. At peak holiday times it may be necessary to book your time slot on ahead of time.
- Access Montenvers Mer de Glace train.
- Access to the Tramway du Mont-Blanc.
- Free and unlimited access to Courmayeur ski area on all passes.
- Unlimited access to the Evasion Mont-Blanc (St Gervais, Les Contamines and Megève), on passes of 2 days or longer.
- Access to Verbier ski area with a Verbier 4 Vallees 1 Day ski pass, maximum 1 day per week; on passes of 6-21 days (maximum 6 days per season apply to Season and Annual passes).
- Unlimited access to the Chamonix swimming pool, skating rink, museums, on passes from 3-21 days.
- One Luge Alpine Coaster descent per person per day, at Les Planards ski area, on passes from 3-21 days.
- Free and unlimited access to the Funivie Skyway Monte-Bianco, on passes of 1 day or more.
- Access to the Cinema Vox in Chamonix. One ticket reduced to just 3,50€ on passes from 3-21 days.
To ski in Courmayeur, you need to go to the cash desk on your first visit to activate your ski pass, after which you can simply go straight through the turnstiles. There are shuttle buses operating between Chamonix and Courmayeur for holders of the MBU ski pass. If you decide to drive to Courmayeur instead, the MBU ticket also entitles you to reduced rates on the cost of a Mont Blanc Tunnel ticket. The tunnel staff will now accept your MBU ticket at the toll booths at the tunnel entrance. Tickets will be around 13.50€ one way.
If you're heading over to the Evasion Mont-Blanc ski area and wish to ski in Les Contamines you need to pass through one of the ticket offices in Megeve or St Gervais first to register your pass. You only need to do this once, however, you will need to have used the pass in the Chamonix Valley before registering it over there.
The Verbier coverage on the MBU ticket now includes the entire 4 Valleys area rather than just the Verbier valley. Available to anyone with an MBU ski pass of 6 days or longer and still within its original period of validity, you can now enjoy skiing in this fabulous resort which is only an hour by car from Chamonix (train & bus links also exist - approx 1.5 hrs each way). You need to go to the cash desks in Verbier each time you ski there and be issued with a compatible day pass.
Making the most of your Mont Blanc Unlimited pass means travelling, however, there are plenty of public transport options. Read our Getting Around Guide for more information on travel around and between the resorts
Also see: Ski Areas in Chamonix, France