If backcountry exploring is your thing and you want the maximum variety of terrain available, then look no further. The Mont Blanc Unlimited Pass (MBU) is the “all singing, all dancing” ski pass that will give you unlimited access to the Chamonix Valley and beyond. For the duration of your MBU pass you will have:
- Access to the Chamonix Valley ski areas, including Brévent-Flégère, Balme (Le Tour-Vallorcine), Grand Montets and Les Houches, as well as the beginner areas
- Access to the Aiguille du Midi cable car and the Vallée Blanche. At peak holiday times, we recommend you book your cable car timeslot online or at the lift pass office ahead of time
- Access to the Montenvers-Mer de Glace train
- Access to the Tramway du Mont-Blanc
- Free and unlimited access to the Courmayeur ski area, in Italy, on passes for two days or more
- Free and unlimited access to the Skyway Monte Bianco on passes for two days or more
- Unlimited access to the Evasion Mont-Blanc ski area (from Saint Gervais or Megève) on passes for two days or more
- Discounted access to the Verbier ski area on MBU passes for 6-21 days. 50% discount on 1-day Verbier-4 Vallées ski pass for a maximum of 1 day per week (maximum of 6 days per season on MBU season passes and 6 free 1-day Verbier passes on MBU annual passes).
- Unlimited access to the Richard Bozon sports centre (swimming pool, sauna, hammam, fitness room), the ice rink in Chamonix (including skate), Les Houches ice rink and the museums in the Chamonix Valley. On passes from 3 to 21 days.
- One Luge Alpine Coaster descent per person per day at Les Planards ski area on passes from 3 to 21 days
- Discounted €3.50 access to the local Chamonix cinema
- One entry to the QC Terme Chamonix spa
- Reduced rates at the Mont Blanc Tunnel on passes from 2 to 21 days
To ski in Courmayeur, you need to go to the cash desk on your first visit to activate your ski pass, after which you can simply go straight through the turnstiles. There are shuttle buses operating between Chamonix and Courmayeur regularly. If you decide to drive to Courmayeur instead, the MBU ticket also entitles you to reduced rates on the cost of a Mont Blanc Tunnel ticket.
If you're heading over to the Evasion Mont-Blanc ski area and wish to ski in Les Contamines, you need to pass through one of the ticket offices in Megève or Saint Gervais first to register your pass. You only need to do this once, however, you will need to have used the pass in the Chamonix Valley before registering it over there.
The Verbier coverage on the MBU ticket now includes the entire 4 Valleys area. Available to anyone with an MBU ski pass of 6 days or longer and still within its original period of validity, you can now enjoy reduced 50% rates in this fabulous resort which is only an hour by car from Chamonix (train and bus links also exist - approx 1h30 each way). You need to go to the cash desks in Verbier each time you ski there and be issued with a compatible day pass.
Making the most of your Mont Blanc Unlimited pass means travelling, however, there are plenty of public transport options in the Chamonix Valley. Read our Getting Around Guide for more information on travel around and between the resorts