Vallorcine offers 8km of marked cross-country ski trails, suitable for beginners and intermediates. The circuit loops round from Vallorcine to Le Buet, meaning that you can start from either village, both of which are easily accessible by train.
The trail goes along the beautiful Eau Noire stream within a forest. It trail will be open from December 1st 2018 to March 31st 2019, snow conditions permitting. Access to the trails is €8.50 per day for adults and 5€ for children, with discounts for 'Carte d'hote' cardholders. The circuit is also very well suited to snowshoe walking (free entry).
There are regular entertainments such as nighttime ski sessions and ski-joering (skiing with horses). Enquire at the foyer for details.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020