After days of sunshine and some overcast skies, Chamonix received a huge dump of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday covering the mountains in a deep, soft layer of fluffy powder.
This winter storm also brought high winds, delayed lift openings, and a raised avalanche risk. A bit more snow came on Thursday night so there are surely still more powder stashes to be found. However, conditions are tricky out there and there have been some skier-triggered avalanches in the valley so make sure you hire a mountain guide when venturing off-piste.
We're getting more snow over the weekend and a mixture of sunshine and clouds next week.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Breakfast with The Beatles at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud
- Tibetan New Year - Lhossar, Les Houches
- Ice Skating in Les Houches
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Happy Hour at Bighorn Bistro, Chamonix Sud