About Chamonix Summer Lift Pass Options
The Chamonix Valley consists of 7 separate lift areas that cater for a whole host of sports; mountaineering, climbing, hiking, mountain biking, paragliding... and for anyone simply wishing to enjoy the beautiful views of the mountains.
You can buy lift passes online, collect your passes in resort, or have them delivered, but before you buy anything we recommend you check the weather forecasts on arrival, or speak to your accommodation provider who should be able to advise you of the best options - before you spend money on the wrong kind of pass for you or if the weather will be inclement.
There are three main types of 'Chamonix Summer' passes:
- Mont-Blanc Multipass - Full Area Pass, including neighbouring resorts
- Individual Site/Trip/Lift Passes - Passes for sites like the Aiguille du Midi, Mer de Glace, Brevent, Flegere, Grands Montets, Le Tour / Balme, and others
- Rapid Card - a prepaid, pay-as-you-go, non-consecutive multi-day loyalty pass (can be used in Winter too)
With such variety on your doorstep, it makes sense that there are a number of different lift passes available so that you can tailor your purchase to the ability and preferences of you or your group.
Lift passes are available from the base of each lift station, the Montenvers railway cash desk or on-line via the Compagnie du Mont Blanc. Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted. Don't forget that your lift pass also provides you with free access to the bus and train system that runs throughout the Chamonix Valley so you can leave your car at home!
For walkers, hikers and runners The Mont Blanc Multipass is the ideal option for summer lift access. The pass can be bought from any of the lift stations and is valid in the Brevent-Flegere area, Les Houches area, Grands Montets area, Balme Tour Vallorcine area, Aiguille du Midi (except Panoramic Mont-Blanc and Helbronner /Skyway Monte Bianco), Montenvers Mer de Glace train (train + ice cave visit), Tramway du Mont-Blanc and Les Bossons glacier chairlift. PLUS neighbouring resorts of St Gervais, Megeve, Les Contamines and Combloux.
The Pass can be bought for 1-15 consecutive days, 2-15 non-consecutive days or a whole season. Find all the latest details on our Summer Lift Pass Prices page.
Advantages of the Mont Blanc Multipass
- Aiguille du Midi: Access without reserving before 9h00 (after 9h00 remember to book your time-slot)
- Free access to the Les Bossons chairlift
- Chamonix Luge Alpine Coaster: one single descent free for one purchased
- Tourist Train in Chamonix: special rate
- Courmayeur (Italy): Access to high altitude swimming pool and 50% off ski-lift prices (except Funivie Skyway Monte Bianco)
- Verbier (Switzerland): -10% off the Summer Day Verbier Pass
- Jardin des Cimes in Passy: -40% off entry ticket price
- Step into The Void® : Guaranteed access before 9h00
- Chamonix offers activities for the whole family. Mont Blanc Multipass offers a discount for 2 Adults + 1 Child, with additional other children skiing for free (limit of 4 freebies)
Mountain bike lift-passes
The Chamonix valley has plenty of high peaks, steep faces and wooded trails making it ideal for downhill and cross-country or enduro mountain-biking. You can buy a 1 day lift pass for either Les Houches, Le Tour/Balme & Grands Montets for €20. To ride all three areas you can buy the VTT pass which covers all three for €30.50. Catch the bike bus or the train, or ride between each area.
Please note: Mountain bikes are not permitted at all on the Montenvers train or the Aiguille du Midi cable car. Passes are available from the base of any of the mentioned Lift Pass Offices.
Also see: Mountain Biking in Chamonix
Location: Chamonix / Mont Blanc Valley