There are 263 days to wait until the start of the 2018 Tour de France, and today is the day that the full race route is announced.
The rumour mills have been in overdrive, with local newspapers and cycling magazines second guessing or releasing what they believe to be hard facts on where the route will go next summer.
Now the waiting is over and the route for the 2018 Tour de France "La Grande Boucle" has been confirmed:
- Grand Depart: Vendée - La Loire region.
- Stage 1 - Saturday 7th July 2018: Noirmoutier-en-l’Île > Fontenay-le-Comte - 195km
- Stage 2 - Sunday 8th July 2018: Mouilleron-Saint-Germain > La Roche-sur-Yon - 185km
- Stage 3 - Monday 9th July 2018: Cholet > Cholet, team time-trial - 35km
- Stage 4 - Tuesday 10th July 2018: La Baule > Sarzeau - 192km
- Stage 5 - Wednesday 11th July 2018: Lorient > Quimper - 203km
- Stage 6 - Thursday 12th July 2018: Brest > Mur de Bretagne Guerledan - 181km
- Stage 7 - Friday 13th July 2018: Fougere > Chartres - 231km
- Stage 8 - Saturday 14th July 2018: Dreux > Amiens Metropole - 181km
- Stage 9 - Sunday 15th July 2018: Arras Citadelle > Roubaix - 154km
- Rest day
- Stage 10 - Tuesday 17th July 2018: Annecy > Le Grand Bornand - 159km (also Etape du Tour)
- Stage 11 - Wednesday 18th July 2018: Albertville > La Rosiere - 108km
- Stage 12 - Thursday 19th July 2018: Bourg St Maurice > Alpe d'Huez - 175km
- Stage 13 - Friday 20th July 2018: Bourg d'Oisans > Valence - 169km (Sprint stage)
- Stage 14 - Saturday 21st July 2018: St Paul Trois Chateaux > Mende - 187km
- Stage 15 - Sunday 22nd July 2018: Millau > Carcassonne - 181km
- Rest day
- Stage 16 - Tuesday 24th July 2018: Carcassonne > Bagneres de Luchon - 218km
- Stage 17 - Wednesday 25th 2018: Bagneres de Luchon > Saint-Lary - 65km (Short stage)
- Stage 18 - Thursday 26th July 2018: Trie sur Baise > Pau - 172km
- Stage 19 - Friday 27th July 2018: Lourdes > Laruns - 200km (Endurance)
- Stage 20 - Saturday 28th July 2018: Saint-Pee Sur Nivelle > Espelette - 31km (Team time trial)
- Stage 21 - Sunday 29th July 2018: Houilles > Chams Elysees, Pais - 115km
See the full map of the TDF 2018 route.