This is a steep and challenging walk up to the top of the Bellevue lift station where you will be rewarded with Panoramic view of the Chamonix Valley.
The walk to the top takes approximately 2.5hrs. It starts in Les Houches just up the hill from the Bellevue car park on the road towards Chamonix. As you are nearing the post office, there is a road to right that has a sign-post for the walk. Follow this windy road up past various chalets until you reach the tree line. The is a sign-post which indicates the Bellevue walk to the left.
Half way up this woodland section their is an intersection, the path to the right is fairly steep and crosses couloirs which in the May and October can be covered with snow. The path to the right is shallower in comparison. The both meet up again close to the Grands Bois drag lift. From here it is a simple walk up to the top of the Bellevue lift where you can take in the views towards Les Contamines as well as Le Tour.
The descent takes about 2 hrs and the trail leads along the tramway and past the Col de Voz hotel. If you know the ski area from the winter, you'll pass the bottom of the Kandahar lift station, and under the Maison Neuve chair lift, almost following the route of the Kandahar run coming out by the Bellevue car park.
For a detailed map, we recommend a 'Carte Sentiers' from the Tourist Office which costs just €4.50 and has details of all routes in the valley.
- Descent: 784m
- Distance: 4km
- Highest Point: 1794m
- Vertical Gain: 784m
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Summer BBQ at Rocky Pop, Chamonix - Les Houches
- Les Houches Wednesday Market
- Boutros Gully & Mister Pop at La Folie Douce, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition - Tristan Vyskoc at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix
- Chamonix Mountain Running Festival