View directly onto the Mer de Glace glacier in Chamonix. Located on the northern slopes of the Mont Blanc massif, at 5.6km and 200m deep, the Mer de Glace is the second longest glacier in Europe. See it for yourself with a walk and/or a train ride up to the Montenvers site. Before you go it is worth checking our webcam view overlooking the Montenvers railway station in Chamonix to see if there are any queues.
Webcam image courtesy of the Compagnie du Mont Blanc
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019