Chamonix's own Cinema VOX is situated right in the centre of town, slightly tucked back on the Place Balmat (main square in the centre). There are 3 recently refurbished screens equiped with digital 3D projectors show the latest French and International films, as well as a number of premieres and specialist mountain-sports films.
Check next to the titles in the programme for 'english version' to watch films in English with French subtitles (VOST), and watch out for films in the 'original language', other than in French, written as (V.O) - 'version originale' or VF - Version Francais- though be warned this does not necessarily mean that the film is in English!
Sessions usually take place at 5.30pm and 9pm, and on bad weather days there is often an extra viewing session in the afternoon. Entrance fees are around: Adults €9.00, Children €4.00 with discounts for bulk purchase: Adults (8 entries) 50€. Children (8 entries) 4€. You'll pay 2€ for 3D glasses, unless you happen to have your own.
There is of course the possibility to obtain the essential popcorn, snacks, and soft drinks inside, or you can get a cinema / pizza deal at Pizza Hop in Chamonix Sud. The deal is a pizza & drink plus 1 entry to the cinema for just 15€.
Click the website link for more information.
- Private hire
- Event Hosting
- Conference Facilities
- Open Seasons
- 22 Cour Bartavel Chamonix Mont Blanc 74400 France
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Summer BBQ at Rocky Pop, Chamonix - Les Houches
- Les Houches Wednesday Market
- Boutros Gully & Mister Pop at La Folie Douce, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition - Tristan Vyskoc at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix
- Chamonix Mountain Running Festival