Brevent is the closest summer lift to the centre of Chamonix and its impressive rocky summit rises to 2,525m above sea level.
You can access the mid station at 1,999m either by the Plan Praz gondola or on foot, up the steep zig-zagging path that's visible from the town centre otherwise knows as the Vertical Kilometre.
From mid station you can take the Brevent cable car straight to the top of the mountain and start various hikes from there or just take in the incredible views as you look across to the Mont Blanc massif.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix