In summer the Lognan cable car takes you up to mid station at Grands Montets at an altitude of 1,972 metres.
From here you can walk over towards the Refuge de Lognan where you'll see the impressive Argentiere glacier creeping down the mountain.
You can take mountain bikes on the cable car in summer giving you access to a couple of single tracks trails down through the trees and back to the valley floor. There are lots of hiking trails accessible from this area too.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Good piste conditions half-way through the Chamonix season
- Dinners Delivered by TCS Review
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix